The Meridian Band - Students meet twice a week to learn and practice songs from a variety of musical genres, and the band performs at every all-school Exhibition. Recent renditions include:
- "Single Ladies" by Beyoncé
- "Woods" by Bon Iver
- "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by K.T. Tunstall
- "Reptilia" by The Strokes
- "Sing" by My Chemical Romance
- "Hey Julie" by Fountains of Wayne
- "Royals" by Lorde
- "I Want You Back" by The Jackson Five
- "Steady as She Goes" by The Raconteurs
- "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas
- An original "Fire Medley" featuring a vintage 911 safety video, "Burning Down the House" by The Talking Heads and "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash
As part of Winterim, a two-day intensive workshop in January, music students have learned and performed The Beatles album Revolver in its entirety and excerpts from Dunkan Sheik and Steven Sater's musical Spring Awakening. Music students are also frequently involved in theater performances, composing original music and performing during plays.
Theater - This program combines improvisation and the performance of two full-length plays per year. We have produced comedies, dramas, musicals, contemporary work, and plays from the Renaissance and Ancient Rome. Beyond acting, students have the opportunity to get involved as designers, builders, and even directors. Recent shows include:
- Almost, Maine by John Cariani
- The Servant of Two Masters by Carlo Goldoni
- The Crucible by Arthur Miller
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
- Artemis in the Parking Lot, an original musical by Meridian faculty members Misha Chowdhury and Laura Grill
- Metamorphoses by Mary Zimmerman, adapted from Ovid
Model United Nations - Students participate in United Nations simulations including the Middle School Model United Nations at the U.N. in New York and the high school trip at Brown University. Our high school delegates also mentor our middle school group. Past conferences include:
- Boston Invitational Model United Nations Conference
- Brown University Simulation of the United Nations
- December Invitational Model UN
- Eagle Model UN Conference
- Global Classrooms New York MUN
- United Nations Association of Greater Boston
Yearbook – Students plan and produce our yearbook.
Rock Climbing Club – Wednesday afternoons at the Rock Spot for Meridianites of all grades.
The Fuzzy and Scaly Animal Committees – Students research, fundraise for, care for, and sometimes wear, fluffy and scaly creatures that live in our Biology lab.